12.06.2017

2013 F150 Ecoboost

 I purchased this F150, and I'm pretty excited to have a vehicle that can haul both lumber, and our family. 


I have an older Z71 that I've been using when I need a truck, but a Honda Civic has been my daily driver to get back and forth from work. So this truck is quite an upgrade, although it's not brand new. Generally, I would have been very stern about getting a V8 engine in a truck like this. My neighbor has a truck like this though, and he highly recommended the 3.5 Ecoboost. He's a mechanic and owns his own business, so I took his recommendation and decided to give it a try. With the twin turbo engine, it has plenty of power and towing capacity. I'm anxious to see if the fuel economy matches what I've heard people say about this engine. My only real concern is that with a turbo charged engine, any possible repairs that come up will likely cost more to repair than on the 5.0 V8 that is also offered in this model truck.

This one didn't come with running boards, which I will be adding a set of those right away. Otherwise, I'm fixed up.

No comments: