12.03.2020

Tool Brand Signs | Scroll Saw Project

Just a few days ago, Steve Carmichael released a video in which he made several scroll saw road signs. I was absolutely inspired by this. His signs look really great, and I think they will make some great decor. I want to make some of those in the future. However, I chose to practice by making some tool brand logos with my scroll saw.


All there really is to it, is to drill a small hole(just big enough to fit the scroll blade through) on the line of each letter to make internal cuts. It's worth going slow so you stay right on the line. None of the material gets thrown out on this project, so it's real important to stay on the line.


Once the letters and lines are cut out, they will fit back into the piece of wood like puzzle pieces once they're painted.


Personally, I did my best to glue the letters back in place, so nothing gets lost. These turned out really good. I look forward to making road signs similar to the ones Steve made. I will choose different ones than he did, to make mine unique. 

If you're new to scroll sawing, this would be a great project to do. It's not complicated at all, and makes great practice. Not only is it good scroll practice, but you'll have these signs to hang in your shop afterward.



No comments: