9.10.2018

Japanese Style Tool Box

I can't for the life of me remember the channel I was watching on Youtube that inspired me to make this box. I'm sure there are multiple videos on Youtube that showcase this type of tool box. But, it's a Japanese inspired box, with an open/close process that would be very tricky for the unfamiliar person.


The tricky part lies in the 'key'. You have to know to slide this wedge out to slide the top open. Otherwise, it's a real head-scratcher to even know what it is. The one I built is pretty small, but of course these can be scaled to any size. Personally, I built this more for the novelty than to actually use it for tool storage. 


If you can build a plain box, there's not much more to this process. This would make a pretty good gift for a pre-teen boy.


As I'm sure you can tell, I used wood I already had lying around. If I build another, I will make it a much more slick and decorative box. Like Forrest Gump would say, that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: