8.08.2017

Ridgid R4512 - Smooth and Quiet Table Saw

I finally got a table saw. I've toyed with the idea for quite a while, but have held off until I was able to get what I wanted. I decided early on the steer clear of the job site saws, because of their noise level. Since I live in town on a heavily populated street, I want to do the best I can to keep the noise down, However, the drawback to getting a stationary saw, is the lack of shop space that I have. But in the end, I decided since the table saw would be one of the most used tools I have, I'd make room for it.

I agonized over whether to get the Ridgid, or the comparable Delta that Lowe's sells. I was thinking I would get the Delta, but right before I was ready to buy, Lowe's increased the price $50. The Ridgid was already a little less expensive, so I went that route.

The day I went to Home Depot to get it, they didn't have any in the designated rack spot. They had to get a cherry picker and get one down. Man, this is one heavy box. When the guy loaded it in the truck with his forklift, he recommended that I actually help my wife unload it. I got a good laugh out of that.

I love the saw. It runs so smooth. Absolutely no vibration at all, and it's relatively low in the noise department. I understand that's because it is belt driven. I hope my neighbors will appreciate that as much as I do. I already have my Dado stack, Dado throat plate, and am in the process of making my zero clearance throat plate. I also started out with a Diablo blade.



No comments: